Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My gardenia topiary won't bloom...?

It's a small topiary, in a small pot. As per the instructions it came with, I keep the soil moist but not wet, and I don't let it get dry. It has maybe 5-6 buds that look good sized and healthy, but haven't opened up yet. I've had the plant (in it's current healthy condition) for about three weeks. I've tried putting a little bit of liquid fertilizer on it and it has stayed exactly the same. It isn't losing any leaves or buds, it just won't bloom.
My gardenia topiary won't bloom...?
Blooming is triggered by the length of night/darkness. Some plants such as mums are very - very sensitive to this. Your gardenia may be out of cycle and somewhat confused about the length of night especially if it has been moved as you have had it for only 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment