Sunday, January 15, 2012

Why isn't my Gardenia flowering ?

I live in a very hot climate and I have a large potted Gardenia sitting outside on my balcony. It gets lots of sun and seems to withstand the 40C temps so long as I water it regularly. It has lots of new shoots and green leaves, however it has stopped blooming. Any suggestions as to how to get it to bloom?
Why isn't my Gardenia flowering ?
Gardenia requirements are very exact, and to insure your plants continued bloom, these needs must be met.

Full sun, with some shading in the summer (in the hottest areas)

An acid soil with a pH between 5 and 6

Keep the soil moist, but never soggy

Humidity, or daily misting

Heavy feeding

**Cool night temperatures*
Reply:They are very temperamental plants. Did they ever have buds? Give your plant a feeding of epsom salt . If the buds don't look too great if You have them, pinch them off, so it re-energizes the plant. good luck!
pulling teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment