Friday, February 3, 2012

Water table fountain. I have invested in pills & dis.H2O to get rid ot the slim.Neg.result.Any suggestions?

I have a table water fountain. I have to clean the fountain at least once a month to get rid of the slime. I tried a tsp.vinagar in my table water fountain. I bought a special six pack smelling pills for $20.00 to get rid of slime. Neg.results. Is there a scented oil that can be purchased at the drug store for a fraction of the price? Is ther something in the house I can use? I like the smell of roses, lavender, gardenia and vanilla. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Water table fountain. I have invested in pills %26amp; dis.H2O to get rid ot the slim.Neg.result.Any suggestions?
If your fountain ISN'T made of copper, or have copper elements, try adding a bit of bleach - one part bleach to ten parts water - after you scrub the fountain well with hot water and soap.



Caution: This is the lazy way to keep algae out! Some people do not recommend this; it just works well for me.



Just make sure bleach doesn't discolor any part of your fountain before you try this. Test small, discreet areas of the fountain with a Q-tip dipped in pure bleach before you try this.



I had a copper fountain I did this with. It oxidized the copper, but I didn't mind. You may have to play around with the amount of bleach you use; it just depends on how much chlorine already exists in your tap water.



Also, if your fountain splashes, protect your furniture and surrounding area. The bleach could really mess things up. Laundry bleach also breaks down quickly in sunlight so you'll have to add more bleach periodically.



I don't know what type of pills you bought, but you really need an algaecide which you can easily get at pet stores.



It's a good idea to clean your fountain every couple of months or so. To do that, take as much of your fountain apart as you can and scrub these elements with soap and water. If you notice a lime buildup, run plain water and vinegar through the fountain for about half an hour. Rinse well, then run plain water through for about the same time. Rinse again. Refill. Add more bleach.



I hope this helps. Please don't add scented oils to the fountain. Scented oils will eat away the tubing and ruin the pump. There are aromatherapy fountains out there, but if your isn't one, stay away from the oils!



Here are some links that may also prove useful:

http://www.choicefountains.com/site/1550...

http://www.ehow.com/how_2193938_clean-in...





Good luck!
height increasing shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment