Sunday, February 5, 2012

Opening a reed diffuser from Target?

Has anyone bought one of those small reed diffusers from Target? They're about 4 inches tall, have a generic looking box ( I got the gardenia scent ) - I can't get the top off the bottle to stick the reeds in. There's a diagram that says to push down on the top and turn, but neither of us here can open it. The cap just keeps spinning. Anyone with this trouble who figured it out?!? Thanks.
Opening a reed diffuser from Target?
I actually opened one 2 nights ago. I got the plastic cap off okay, I just pushed down and turned.



Be aware, however, underneath that is a clear plastic cap that is tightly inserted into the glass. I tried for quite a while with my hands, pliers, and could not remove the plastic cap. I finally tried to use a butterknife to try to pry the cap off (much like a pickle jar) and the glass broke in my hand. I ended up cutting my finger very badly and needed to get stitches.



The instructions for opening this product are very poor, they didn't even mention the white plastic cap that's underneath the hard outer cap, much less how to remove it. The gardenia scent is very nice however, though not very pretty mixed with blood.



I threw the box away before any of this happened,and cannot find the exact match at Target.com. Does anyone know the brand of this product? I would like to email them to let them know this isn't the safest product to open.
  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment